The strategic partnership
This project was initiated by France at « Broquedis », the Caminante association’s center of care, support and Prevention in Addictology .
Previously involved with other sector professionals specialized in early childhood in an action research on the observation of the mother-child bond, the CSAPA wished to renew this type of thinking, this time , European Union-wide.
The idea was to cross the professional practices of the CSAPA with other off border social or medico-social institutions, welcoming women and vulnerable children in the perinatal period.
Thanks to our french academic partner (Anne-Marie Doucet Dahlgren, professor-researcher in educational sciences at Paris X Nanterre who accompanied the aforementioned action research), we got in touch with professors-researchers of the universities of Barcelona (ES), Iasi (RO) and Verona (IT).
These academics, who used to work with practitioners on the field, have helped us to build the institutional partnership.
Therefore, the CapeVfair project involves 8 partners for 4 countries with a University and a social or medico-social structure by country.
The partnership’s richness, that includes 50 people, comes from the fact that it commits:
- 4 countries (cultures, stories and distinct policies)
- Equal field of practitioners and academic researchers
- Various academic fields: Sociology, educational sciences, anthropology…
- Multiple skills: educators, social workers, young children educators , nursery nurses, psychologists, doctors, structure managers , cultural mediators, parenting educators…
- Separate issues addressed: addiction, poverty and child abandonment , teenage pregnancies, prostitution, trafficked women…
- Great moments of exchanging practices in each one of the countries, over 5 days.